Thursday, February 4, 2010

A POST ABOUT LIFE IN TOKYO

FIRST, MAMESHIBA EP 5
this thing is everywhere here. there are lots of toys and snacks that have this guy as the mascot. SO CUTE.



OK HERES MY LIFE IN A BLOG POST RANT

Abby and I have a huge test tomorrow on Japanese. We have not studied enough for it. Let's see how we do! Ganbareimasu! (we will do our best)

On my way home tonight, my train was delayed and a bunch of people started getting off. Apparently there was some kind of accident? Of course, I couldn't understand the announcer very well, so I just waited. I studied Japanese while I waited. "Whose bag is this?" is "Kore wa dare no kaban desu ka?" Eventually the doors closed and we continued on...phew. Close one. I got home super late and am totally exhausted. My school commute is an hour! Abby's is even more, I think. It's okay if you have something to do on the train, like read or study.

Ricardo, Christina....Is there a good method for...dumping acquaintances that you realize later it was a mistake to start talking to? I am so not good at this. We've met our fair share of...shall we say...difficult people? Think Alana and Alisha times a thousand and you have my new friends. ummmyea. It kind of reminds me of MICA pre-college, only less mature. About three weeks in here I decided being nice to everyone does NOT work, so I did a Jekyll/Hyde switch on some people who I wanted to ditch. Which made a few enemies (something I am so not used to dealing with...if I leave it alone, will the evil stares go away? haha...?). My excuse was like, oh, sorry guys, it's just culture shock hitting me.

LIE! I'm loving Tokyo and all its fabulous distractions. Each day we discover something new! The world is bright and full of possibilities. Today for lunch we found a mexican restaurant that is like Chipotle only SUPER DELICIOUS. We explored a gothic lolita/princess/goth/punk/designer boutique store, with endless small shops each specializing in a different look that you would find in a book like FRUITS. I am steadily becoming more obsessed with convenience store food. New favorite: UMAIBOS. 10 yen each, basically a giant cheeto that comes in a lot of weird flavors. Umaibos were featured in Akihbara@DEEP: (watch at 2:30)


2 comments:

  1. THOSE CHEETO THINGS ARE CRAZY! OMG.

    ANYWAY as to that OTHER thing. hmmmmm, I usually just go with distancing myself as slowly as I can bear... I don't really have a method per se...lol. I'm sure the evil stares will go away! so long as they're not from people you care about don't worry about it! If it's from them it's ok. Just don't EVER cave and go out with them or invite them unless you're sure you want to send mixed messages. I find that's the best way, if you just stop hanging out with people you can be nice to them in class and stuff, but you're still not friends.

    Ricardo says:

    If they're as immature as you describe, odds are that the stares won't stop for a while, I feel like more immature people hold grudges for longer. However, since you don't really enjoy their company anyways, its ok. You should try and convince yourself to not let the stares affect you.

    As for letting them off .... Again, like Christina, I don't really have any method. Hell, since I'm so aloof in socail situations anyways I find it not to be a problem most of the times.

    Because of this, I personally can be a little mean when it comes to getting someone to stop 'stalking.' I generally go with the totally aloof ignore technique, but I've only ever really done this like... once. I think. I don't even remember if I did, but I feel like if I had to that's what'd I do. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! you guys rock. I do not have enough experience with this either. So this is good life experience I guess? Your advice and words of encouragement emblazen me with gusto! <3 <3 I miss MICA and people with class. I'm only fully appreciating this now-- our school has a lot of really cool chill people :DDD

    p.s. NE NE SHITERU? the weirdest UMAIBO flavor might be corn soup. it really tastes like corn. whoaa!

    ReplyDelete